Is your business compliant with the requirements of health and safety legislation? Do you need help to find out? Do you need support to improve things?
A good starting point is with a Health and Safety Audit. This audit helps you to identify what you are doing well as well as those areas in which you need to improve. Our Compliance Audit Report includes a Health and Safety Improvement Plan to assist you in putting things right. If necessary, we can help you with some of the actions that arise.
What is a Health and Safety Audit?
A Health & Safety Compliance Audit is a detailed examination of your records, policies, and procedures relating to your premises and operations. The aim of these health and safety audits is to identify those areas in which health and safety is being managed well and also to provide a Health and Safety Improvement Plan for those areas that need attention.
The scope of a Health and Safety Audit can be set in advance, but would typically include health and safety (management) subjects such as:
- Health & Safety Policy
- Health and Safety Management
- Risk Assessment relating to premises, operations, and undertakings
- Health and Safety Training
- Electrical Safety (Portable Appliances and fixed electrical installation)
- Water Hygiene
- Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations
- Manual Handling
- Office Safety
- Process and Operations
- COSHH and related issues
- Fire Safety
- Signs and notices
- Work at Height
- Pressurised Systems
- Movement of Vehicles
- The Selection and Control of Contractors
- Access & Egress
- Noise & Vibration
For the health and safety audit visit, we would require:
- a site contact with a good working knowledge of the business
- access to all relevant parts of the premises
- access to relevant records, certificates, policies, etc
- the opportunity to discuss and resolve issues as they are identified