Laboratory Safety is one of the niche areas where we can help you. Laboratories can be dangerous places, with a vast array of potential hazards present to cause harm. If you are concerned that you (or your staff) are not entirely aware of the dangers that laboratory work presents or if you need information on how to control these hazards, then we can help you.
Our risk assessed approach keeps the focus being on protecting workers by the use of proportionate controls. We have consultants with experience of working in laboratories and of managing safety in these areas (one of our Consultants is a Chartered Chemist and a Member of the Royal Society of Chemists, as well as being a Registered Safety Practitioner). We have also delivered Seminars and Webinars on Laboratory Safety.
There is a lot more to laboratory safety than just considering chemical hazards.
The bad news: there is more to laboratory safety than COSHH Assessments
The good news: COSHH Assessments need not be as big an issue as many organisations make them.
We can assist you with guidance and information on aspects such as:
- General information about Laboratory hazards
- Laboratory Safety Risk Assessment
- Fire Safety
- Glassware and Sharps
- Chemicals (including COSHH)
- (micro)biological hazards
- Temperature extremes (hot surfaces, cryogenic materials)
- Laboratory Good Practice Guide
- Scaling up of laboratory processes to (pilot) plant stage
Laboratory Safety: We can help you with a range of risks, issues and tasks (such as those below):
Laboratory Safety Training
We can deliver bespoke Laboratory Safety Training to your staff, covering a suitable range of subjects.
- Relevant Health and Safety Law
- Principles of Risk Assessment
- Laboratory Hazards
- Measures to prevent and control hazards and reduce risks
- Laboratory Hygiene
- Fire Safety
- Gas cylinders
- Electrical Hazards
- Laboratory Equipment
- Chemical hazards
- Bespoke Laboratory hazards (such as Lasers, hydrofluoric acid, cyanides, etc.)
- Laboratory Practises