Skip to content
NHS Foundation Trust Fined After Employee Suffers Burns
- A hospital’s NHS Foundation Trust has been fined after an employee suffered serious burns.
- The maintenance worker sustained serious steam burns to his lower body whilst working on a boiler.
- The Trust was subsequently fined £7,000 plus costs of £1,926 and a victim surcharge of £15.
Gas Safe Register breaches lead to prosecution
- A plumber has been prosecuted for the second time in four months for breaching Gas Safe Register legislation.
- The plumber carried out gas works whilst not registered and in breach of an HSE Prohibition Notice.
- He was given a 6 month suspended sentence.
Food company fined after worker electrocuted
- A 21-year-old worker was electrocuted after coming into contact with live cabling in a food company’s loft.
- He was pronounced dead at the scene by the ambulance crew.
- The food company was fined £170,000 and ordered to pay costs of £35,403.
Pharmaceutical firm fined after employee exposed to hazardous substances
- An investigation was launched into a pharmaceutical firm after worker exposed to hazardous substances.
- The firm had failed to review and ensure the health and welfare of their employee.
- They were subsequently fined £27,000.