Skip to content
Firm fined after crane worker fatally injured
- A crane worker suffered fatal crush injuries after becoming trapped between drive motors
- A lack of suitable risk assessments were blamed for a lack of a safe system of work.
- The firm pleaded guilty and were fined £300,000.
NHS Trust Fined After Man Fatally Injured
- NHS Trust prosecuted after 87 year old man suffered fatal injuries
- He fell three feet when he slipped from a hoist whilst being bathed, and died the next day
- The NHS Trust was fined £107,000 plus costs
Port Operator Fined After Mooring Incident
- A port operator was prosecuted after a worker was injured.
- The worker’s hand became caught between a powered capstan and a heaving line, causing serious injuries.
- The port operator was fined £1.8 million, plus costs of over £14,000.