Fire Safety Consultants
Our Fire Safety Consultants can complete your Fire Risk Assessment, and create a Fire Safety Improvement Plan for you
We can carry out your Fire Safety Training
We help and support businesses and organisations across the UK maintain the highest standards of fire safety in the workplace, for visitors to their premises and for those they come into contact with on an occasional or frequent basis. We are one of the UK’s leading fire safety consultants, providing fire safety services, plans and advice to businesses, schools and organisations that need professional fire safety consultancy to help meet the demands of the UK fire safety legislation and regulations. Big fines for Fire Safety failures.
Our fire safety consultants give a first class service
Fire Safety is an important aspect of health and safety management for all businesses and should not be neglected or taken for granted.
Increasingly, Fire Officers are visiting businesses, and they want to see your Fire Safety Risk Assessments, and they want to know who the responsible person is. Failure to prove compliance could lead to an improvement notice being served on your business.
Our Fire Safety Consultants help you to ensure that you have designated a responsible person, make sure your fire safety risk assessment is up to date, and ensure that your fire safety policies and procedures are compliant. We work with you to create a current fire safety plan, unique to your business, and can also provide you with fire safety training. In doing so, you will have the peace of mind that your procedures are up to date and compliant and that the risks to your business are minimised.
It may sound like a simple task, but we will also make sure that they have the appropriate fire safety signs and posters in all the right places so that nobody will be in any doubt as to what their responsibilities are and what they must do in the event of a fire.
If you need help to understand your fire safety responsibilities or if you need a competent person to carry out your fire safety risk assessment, please call one of our fire safety consultants on 01509 550023 – we will be happy to help you.
Our Fire Safety Consultants can:
- Carry out Fire Risk Assessments of your premises
- Create a Fire Safety Improvement Plan
- Develop emergency procedures
- Develop a Fire Strategy document for your premises
- Provide suitable documentation for Fire Safety records
- Assist you and your responsible person with your Fire Safety duties
- Provide Fire Safety Training (including the use of Fire Extinguishers)
- Help you understand how the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety Order) 2005 applies to you and your premises
- Keep you compliant with the Fire Safety legislation
- Liaise with the Fire Authorities
Unless otherwise instructed, we usually work to the PAS79: 2012 standard
Who is the responsible person?
You are responsible for fire safety in business premises (and are known as the responsible person) if you are:
- an employer
- the owner
- the landlord
- an occupier
- anyone else with control of the premises, eg a facilities manager, building manager, managing agent or risk assessor
What are the duties and responsibilities of the Responsible Person
As the responsible person you must:
- carry out a fire risk assessment of the premises and review it regularly
- inform staff (or their representatives) about the risks you’ve identified
- put in place, and maintain appropriate fire safety measures
- plan for an emergency
- provide staff information, fire safety instruction and training
Ensuring Effective Fire Safety in Housing – 1-Day Seminars
Our Director, Mike Ellerby, has chaired a series of 1-day Seminars on “Ensuring Effective Fire Safety in Housing”. These will be taking place mainly in London. In December 2018 the government committed to delivering the recommendations included in the Hackitt report from May 2018, with an emphasis on a more effective regulatory and accountability framework, clearer standards and guidance, and ensuring that residents are placed at the heart of the new framework.
I would just like to say thank you to LRB Consulting, and to Christian especially, for his great work today on our fire safety training.
This has been great for everyone involved. My staff at City Gate including myself were very impressed with Christian’s knowledge and with the training. Everyone took well to the training and came away with more insight to fire safety. Thank you again and could you please give Christian a big thank you from us all at City Gate.
Michael Westwick, Building Supervisor, City Gate, Nottingham