COSHH Risk Assessment and Awareness
Cost: 1-day course, £160 per person, plus VAT
Select a course from the timetable below
COSHH training courses course are aimed at those who are responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work.
COSHH Training Courses includes:
- definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace
- an update on safety labels and safety data sheets (REACH)
- health effects of hazardous substances and their causes
- COSHH assessments and control options
- responsibilities imposed by the control of substances hazardous to health regulations
- additional practical emphasis on the COSHH Assessment, including syndicate exercises in COSHH risk assessment.
We will discuss and develop the basic principles of COSHH
COSHH Regulations 2002 require that the health risks arising from exposure to substances hazardous to health are avoided where this is reasonably practicable or that they are controlled where it is not reasonably practicable to avoid them.
To comply with the Principles of COSHH, the employer should:
- Assess risks to health and decide what precautions are needed.
- Inform workers of the risks associated with exposure to substances hazardous to health and of the control measures to be used to ensure their health and safety.
- Prevent workers being exposed to substances hazardous to health or, where this is not reasonably practicable, ensure that such exposure is controlled adequately.
- Ensure that exposure control measures are followed at all times, and regularly checked and maintained, and that safety procedures are observed.
- Monitor workers exposure to substances hazardous to health and carry out appropriate health surveillance, where the COSHH assessment has shown this is necessary.
- Train workers in the use of control measures and the use of any personal protective equipment that may be required.
- Provide suitable welfare facilities, such as washing and areas to consume food away from the workplace.
Thank you for an excellent, entertaining and pertinent training course. Both myself and all the team really enjoyed the day and felt it was extremely worthwhile.
Jamie Ingliss, MD, Industrial Safety Inspections