Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisor
Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisor – Health and Safety in the Workplace, Level 3
These are usually run as bespoke courses, although we do occasionally have an open course.
Select a course from the timetable below
This interactive Level 3 Health and Safety course is suitable for all supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for providing high health and safety standards in the workplace. This includes those who have a responsibility for training employees, maintaining standards and enforcing a positive health and safety culture at work. Supervisors have both a legal and moral responsibility to look after the health and safety of employees. This qualification will enable managers and supervisors to improve the health and safety culture of their organisation, whatever its size or activity.
Through this course, you will gain an appreciation of the role health and safety has in the workplace, and identify the hazards, risks and control measures needed to protect your workforce. Health and Safety law is covered in this course, including the Health & Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. Candidates will also learn the difference between common law and criminal law, and the powers that enforcement officers have.
Accidents and ill health Candidates will appreciate the scope of work-related accidents and ill health in the workplace, including methods for investigation, reporting and prevention. You will also learn about the vital role communication plays within the workplace, and how communicating, implementing and monitoring health and safety policy enables staff to be motivated to work safely and contribute to the development of a positive health and safety culture. This course provides ideal progression to those who have already studied the Level 2 course.
Course content – Health and Safety for Supervisors
- The concept of health and safety
- Accidents in the workplace
- Ill-health in the workplace
- Health and safety law and legislation (UK)
- Health and safety organisation and management
- Supervising health and safety
- Any issues brought up by candidates throughout the course
Learning outcomes on Health and Safety for Supervisors
Candidates who complete the course will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety law
- Show an awareness of the benefits of a positive health and safety culture in the workplace
- Explain the roles of supervisors and managers in health and safety
- Demonstrate an understanding of control and improvement measures available
- Complete detailed risk assessments in the workplace
- Consider how health and safety breaches can impact upon a business
- Explain the use of disciplinary action for safety breaches
- Understand the role of enforcement officers and the powers they hold
This course is ideal for:
- business owners
- team leaders
- those responsible for Health and Safety
We can tailor this course to meet the needs of your business and focus more on areas that matter to you.
‘Mike has delivered Health and Safety up to level three. At all times Mike has been professional and efficient, in addition learners have found the course engaging, stretching and informative.’
Tom Martell, The Garden Centre Group
Course Duration – 3 days Location – Open Courses are usually run in, or around, Loughborough, Central London or Manchester. Bespoke courses are generally held at the client’s site and can be carried out anywhere in the UK.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors course. I found it gave me a lot to think about but also helped give me a clearer view of the direction I need to go in.
Nigel Slawson, Development & Resource Manager, East Midlands Ceramics Ltd